OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
We believe in full transparency so here are the highlights when it comes to your personal information.
We collect your data through our website and we use that information to help us provide the best possible experience for you.
To learn more about how we collect and use your data, along with your rights as a consumer, explore the sections above.
- We never monetize your data.
- We take strong measures to protect and secure your data.
- We use your data to make your shopping experience better.
- We won't reach out with promotions or marketing messages unless you have opted in, and you can always adjust your preferences.
- We put you in control, so you can access your information, and request that we delete it.
“Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources:
1. Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us, which may include:
- User name and password
- Contact information when you register on our Sites, such as your name, street address, demographic information (such as your gender), date of birth, phone number, and/or email address. You may also provide us information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift on your behalf.
- Any content or contributions you post in a public space on the Sites. This includes comments, videos and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail or our customer call center.
- Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with us and we need your billing information to process the transaction.
2. Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. We may use your device’s physical location to better understand how our Sites and other services and functionality are being used and to provide you with relevant and personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
3. We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from our consumers. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to send administrative information to you, such as about your account or purchases or respond to your inquiries and requests for information
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and accounts
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
- to process rewards, prizes, and donations, as applicable
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to deliver gift cards or gifts to others in accordance with your instructions
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
1. To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
2. To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other information you make public) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law. In example google and facebook.
3. To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
DO NOT TRACK
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are also not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer. Please read their privacy policies and consider customized settings on your browser or through your mobile phone to limit disclosure of certain information, such as location data.
We use standard physical, technical and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails and mailings by informing us of your preferences when you sign up for a Alloalt Vitamin account or modifying your promotional preferences online in your profile account management section. To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP” to a text message from us or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your accounts or purchases.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. Please note that we may continue to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
How you can delete your Personal Information
- You may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record-keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
You have the right not to be discriminated against in service or price if you exercise your privacy rights, and we will love you just as much if you do exercise them.
We do not intend for our websites or other online services to knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us. Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
We may ask for additional consent during the account sign-up process from minors ages 13 to 15 years of age under relevant and applicable laws if personal information may be shared outside of Venture Development LLC and its affiliates and service providers.
If you are under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Site.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHY DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies are small pieces of text. They are provided by most websites and stored by your web browser on the computer, phone, or other device that you are using. Cookies serve many purposes. They can help a website remember your preferences, learn which areas of the website are useful and which areas need improvement, and provide you with targeted advertisements or personalized content. Sometimes, cookies are enabled when pixels are placed on a website. Pixels are also referred to as web beacons, clear gifs, and tags. They enable websites to read and place cookies.
First-party cookies and third-party cookies
Cookies can be first-party or third-party. A first-party cookie is one that you receive directly from Venture Development LLC when visiting our Site. A third-party cookie is one that you have received from another party, such as Google or Facebook. We do not control what third parties do on other sites. However, we may work with certain third-party providers such as Google or Facebook to permit their cookies to function through our Site so we can learn more about your web experience on our Site and better personalize our services for you.
Persistent and session cookies
A persistent cookie is a cookie that is stored by the web browser on your device until it expires or you delete it. The expiration of a persistent cookie is determined by the creator of the cookie and can be upon a certain date or after a length of session time has passed. This means that, for the cookie's entire lifespan, its information will be transmitted to the creator’s server every time the user visits the website that it belongs to or another website configured to check for that cookie (such as an advertisement placed on that website). For this reason, persistent cookies are also called “tracking cookies.”
A session cookie is created temporarily on your device for use by a website during your visit. This type of cookie may store information you enter and track your activity within the website. A session cookie is deleted after you leave the website or when the web browser is closed. A good example of a session cookie is the shopping cart on an e-commerce site. The session cookie stores the items that you add to your cart so they are not forgotten while you view products on other pages of the website. Using a session cookie, the items will all be in the cart when you go to the checkout page.
2. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example:
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
3. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your Internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies: We use these cookies to count visits and traffic sources, to measure and improve Site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Performance Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of Personal Information as needed to provide functionality.
- Targeting Cookies: Targeting cookies help us manage and display our advertisements, based on your activity on the Site and other sites; this is known as interest-based advertising. Targeting cookies mainly rely on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. We have partnered with the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) to better serve users’ preferences, and by visiting their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, you can learn more about NAI members who deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online, but it does mean that the companies from which you opt out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests.
- Social Media Cookies: Social Media Cookies make social sharing easier for you, provide you with tools to connect with the Site, and help us better understand both the audience for the Site and the effectiveness of our social media outreach. These are third-party cookies. Your choices with respect to such cookies are determined by the social media platforms on which you have accounts.